Tuesday, 1 May 2012

Octopode Sun Catcher


A little hanging sun catcher using octopode's Glinda and some of her Oz Friends. This is the remake of what my cat laid on in the previous post. It is a glass shape that has been stamped and then viva Croco applied over the top of the image. the viva reacts with the alcohol inks and give quite a cool stained glass effect as it splits all the alcohol ink up. I have run a line of solder round the edge of it. I also soldered jump rings to the bottom edge so I could hang Tim Holtz fragments with the Tin man, Lion and Scarecrow images on them.
It now hangs in my window and looks pretty.

Carol x

6 comments:

  1. Ohhhh this is so coolio :D I love Octopode, Oz and croco :D
    Julie xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute Carol and how gorgeous it will show the colors through the (sun)light of a window!

    greetings, Alie :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is fabulous and such a gorgeous mnodern take on a suncatcher.

    Please can you add solder lesson to your list of things to teach me when you visit. I have the stuff - and I ma saving my pension for the lessons.

    ReplyDelete
  4. that is so cute, what a great suncatcher!

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loving the stained-glass look! Awesome!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog, Carol x