Wednesday 21 March 2012

Birds Of A feather Bird House


I have used one of the wooden Bird Houses for this. All of the images used are from the Artistic Outpost Plate, Birds Of A Feather. apart from the music for the roof, which is an old acrylic stamp I have had for ages and I have not idea who makes it.
I first gave the house a coat of Claudine Hellmuth's Sky Blue Paint. I then thinned some of the paint on my craft mat and gave a bit of white tissue a quick coat of it. I dried  it with my heat gun and then cut pieces to fit all the sides and roof of the house ( I do these houses a lot so I have a little set of templates that I keep for this).
I stamped my images directly onto the tissue masking as needed.
I then glued them to the house using multi medium, also giving it a top coat to protect it.
I gave it a quick rub over with Picket Fence distress stain and ran a Black Dabber around all the edges.
Dont forget this months challenge theme is music themed pieces. To see all the details and to upload your creations the post is on the Blog HERE.

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh I do love the way you have done this lovely colours very effective. Love Dawn xx

Netty said...

Beautiful crafting, x

Sam & Poppy said...

Love it Carol :o)

Unknown said...

Oh this is gorgeous - you do altered art so well. What a good idea to make a template - never thought of that, so much easier than slapping tissue on to something then trimming it off after.

Alie Hoogenboezem-de Vries said...

What a great stamped and coloured birdhouse !!

greetings, Alie :-)

sam21ski said...

Oooh gorgeous bird house Carol xxxx

Anonymous said...

That is one amazing bird house! Just stunning!

2amscrapper said...

wonderful!