Monday 18 June 2012

Cycling knickers for my Dad


I don't really do cards, well not your bog standard type anyway, I struggle with the concept of it being a card, so I usually tend to try and make something a little bit different. This was inspired by Sam's No Bugs piece that she posted on the Happy Daze Design Team page.I really loved the folded ATC she made, and I had these stamps in mind for my Dads Card, so it was all perfect really, my usual card angst was avoided and he ended up with a "card" he really liked... apparently he used to were cycling trousers very similar to these !!!!!

The stamps are  The Open Road plate from the Artisitic Stamper 

I am sharing this with Hel's Sunday Stamper  and Simon Say's Stamp and Show as this week it's show some Brown
Carol x

7 comments:

Rita said...

Carol, how fabulous and quirky. Super card. I got all my verday paint & patina solution on Saturday, so you know what I'll be playing with to-day. Thank-You again for leading the way. Enjoy your Day. Hugs Rita xxx

Sam & Poppy said...

Inspiration from me, now that is a compliment and has made my day.
Love your Dad's card Carol.
Have a fab day, Sam xx

Redanne said...

Great card Carol, my OH would love it as he is 'older' and a very keen cyclist so would really appreciate it. Going to check out the stamps and also Sam's work.

sam21ski said...

Had to come and have a nosey, was so intrigued by the title - lol.

Fab 'card'

Sam xxx

Hels Sheridan said...

Fabbydabbydozy this is hun, thanks for joining in with the Sunday Stamper x

Dan said...

I'm sure your dad will love this! :) The Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge Design Team thank you for joining this weeks challenge!

Asia King (aka Joanna K) said...

Well, looks like you did not struggle at all and this card was created by a pro-cardmaker! Fabulous, great vintage feel an fantastic masculine design! xx