Sunday 15 May 2016

Mono Printed Coaster


I am just about scraping in by the skin of my teeth for the PaperArtsy challenge of Mono Printing.

I do love my Gelli plate so much and it is always out on the corner of my desk just waiting to be used.

For the challenge I have made a coaster. It was a plain brown  piece of square hardboard which I gave a couple of coats of gesso

I then used Fresco paints in purple on my Gelli for my background followed by a bit of little black dress used with the PA plate EEV06, which I stamped onto my gelli and then picked up with my coaster so it was not to dense a colour on my background.

My image is stamped directly onto my coaster, painted and then using a stamp positioner re-stamped over the top of the original image to re-add all the detail back.

I ran around the edges with black paint to tidy it up a bit and give it a border.

Finished with a quote stamped onto a piece of book margin and then stuck in place.

I really liked Alison's post on the Gelli plate as she went for Substrates on her projects and I love things like this myself to stamp and paint onto.

Enjoy your day,
Carol xx

No comments: