I have fancied having a bash at altering one of these for ages and I picked one up for a couple of quid recently in a sale so here it is.
I hollowed out the heart with a Dremel before starting to paint it. I started with green and blue ink pads then spritzed it with blue ink before using a gold acrylic dabber on it. Once the base was done I used rub-ons, then some gold leafing stuff, then some more rub-ons and some images stamped onto tissue paper coloured with the same ink so they blended in . Lastly some embossing powder.
The wings are grungeboard done with texture paste, embossing powders and inks. The crown is grungeboard with texture paste and jewels then embossed and the jewels melted so it went all nice and squishy looking.
The heart is coloured red with acrylic paint and stickles.
The face is stamped on a clear fragment piece backed with silver metal to give it a mirror look.
I have not decided if it should be holding something dangley from its other hand so for the time being I have left it until I decide. So if you have an idea one way or another about it put a comment to give me your opinion.
I really enjoyed doing this.