Saturday 5 July 2008

LEDscribe

The scribe in the light with the LED's lit

The Scribe in the Dark with the LED's lit


Mine for the This Thursday Challenge this week. This is an LED Scribe Display which is basically an acrylic block which is mounted on an acrylic base with an Led coloured light behind it to illuminate.
I stamped the image on one side of the block then coloured the other side with alcohol inks. The base was covered with Gold Leaf to hide the battery. Then the whole thing was glued together with hot glue. After embossing the edge, beads and gems were added for decoration and interest. Finally a twisted wire with beads was added to the top and sides to finish it off.
The mermaid image used is one of my favourites at the moment and is by Thirdcoast

The LED scribe block I used for this was an idea conjured up by a friend of my daughters. He has started to market these on a very small scale to see how things go. If any one is interested in having a look at his web site for this product this is the link http://www.ledscribe.net/.
The one above, which is shown on his site is the Red LED, but I can assure you that the other colours he offers are just as stunning once finished, so think ahead as to which colour inks you will using before ordering, as I was just lucky that I got a red one as I gave this no thought at all. LOL.



17 comments:

stampandscrap@mail.com said...

Wow this is stunning. I will be getting one of those whatever its called again. What a brilliant peice Thanks for taking part in our challenge and inspiring me . Yet another to do on my ever increasing list. There are so many tallented people who have entered our challenges. Thank you for being one of them

Susie Little said...

Amazing!
Thanks for joining in!

Anonymous said...

CRASH goes my jaw on the floor again!

Wow, I'm speechless.

xxxxxxx

Dawn said...

Amazing!!

Anonymous said...

This is breathtakingly stunning - I can just imagine how rich this looks when lit up in a dark room.

What a stunning and original present this would make - but if I made one as perfect as yours I wouldn't ever part with it.

Anonymous said...

Very,very clever Ginger - its one of those piece's of work I'd love to see 'in person' to get the full effect.

Kreativgeschwafel said...

this is really a stunning piece of art!

Fiona said...

This is a stunning piece - and such an inspired take on the clearly clever challenge - thanks for joining in with This Thursday.

Fiona said...

I'd like to feature this on the inspirational blog - please let me know if that's ok with you. You can find the blog here if you want to go and have a look. www.inspirationalcraftblogs.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

wow - what a clever idea! :) Love it!

stampandscrap@mail.com said...

Just nipped on to tell you that your stunning entry to last weeks This thursday has been chosen as one of our favorite 15

Zuzu's Blog said...

I saw it in real life and its stunning .. and so nice lit up.. I NEED one to alter now too :-)

Barbara Hagerty said...

WOW! I'm gobsmacked! This is truly amazing! Your daughter's friend's design and engineering of the object, and your FABULOUS artwork, are truly a match made in heaven!! I LOVE this!!

Mike.LMP said...

SOOOOOO very inspiring work there ginger


I just love it

Sharon said...

I'm in awe, Carol. This is such a creative idea! :)

Carol Plume said...

Fabbie - I definately need one now....xx

Kaz said...

this is gorgeous, I have to have one, seen zuzu's today and you and her have made these stunningly beautiful. love your blog, everything is fantastic. gorgeous artwork.