Wednesday 21 December 2011

Christmas Scrapping For Happy Daze


I don't scrap but I do love some of the papers available. As soon as I saw this set in the shop I just thought how well they would fit onto the little wooden blocks that I am in love with at the moment. I have a pile of these on a wooden chest of draws in my hallway. I add a set each year as it's lovely when I get the decorations out each year to see the older sets and it brings back memories of that year. I have been doing this for about five years now and I am getting quite a pile of them.
For this years set I have used the Pink Paislee sheet , its very good value for these as on the sheet you get 25 images and you only need 24 for a set of four bricks so you have a spare incase you cut of sants's head whilst cutting out.(blushes)
These are a set of 4 bricks which I painted with claudine hellmuth Paints using the crackle technique between the layers. Once dry I roughed up the edges of the cut circles using a paper distresser and then stuck one of each face of each brick using multi medium.
Once dry I aged them up a bit using Old Paper distress ink on an applicator. with out the drying time these took about half an hour to make, so they are a quick and easy project and not too messy if like me you have had a good tidy up of the craft room for Christmas.
I may add a some stickles to them I have not decided yet. But you can jazz these up as much or a little as you wish, they are fun to make and look really effective.

I used
Pink Paislee paper
multi medium
paints
stickles
Blocks
distress ink
paper distresser

5 comments:

Cindy Adkins said...

I love these! I'm the same as you - I don't do scrapbooks, but I love many of the papers! I'll have to look for the blocks! Thanks - and Merry Christmas!
Cindy

Craft Addicts - Tracy Evans said...

Love them, the papers are gorgeous and work so well on these blocks. Enjoy your Christmas. Tracy x

Netty said...

Terrific keepsakes Carol.
Wishing you and your family a very Happy Christmas and a Joyful New Year, xx

Unknown said...

These are just darling and turning into a lovely tradition

Brenda Brown said...

These are just fabulous Carol and such lovely treasures to bring out each year.
Merry Christmas to you and yours and very best wishes for the coming new year.
luv and hugs {brenda} xoxox