Monday 27 August 2012

Journal It For Unruly Paperarts


This month on the Unruly Paperarts Blog it's all about Journalling. I have incorporated the tags I made for the theme last month in my project. I have made the page loose and I will bind the book when all the pages are decorated ready for personal notes to be added.
I started by cutting a large piece of heavy weight drawing paper approx (35 x 28 cm). I then folded it up  and in half to form a double sided page with  pockets along the bottom edges.
I then unfolded. I inked and spritzed one side above the fold with Dylusions ink in shades of London Blue and Cut Grass, using a water sprtizer to blend them. I then flipped the paper over and did the same thing with the smaller area beneath the fold line. the using various stencils and inks I created the pattern effects on the pages.



I decorated the tags from last month in the same way. The tags are double sided to give extra journalling apace.



I then refolded the page to give the double sided page with the pocket at the bottom and machine stitched around the 3 edges as shown in the pictures.



The tags now fit into the pockets. I punched the page ready for binding with my zutter, as I am making a book as a gift, with a mixture of pocket pages and plain pages for them to use as a personal journal, that is why I have not added any stamps or personal notes to the pages. The tags make a great addition to the pockets as it gives extra room for adding pictures or little notes to.

Carol x

5 comments:

Alie Hoogenboezem-de Vries said...

Great use of colors and templates...it looks very artistic Carol!

greetings, Alie :-)

Mandy Chilvers said...

loving this muchly!

Unknown said...

I love these vibrant colours - what a fabulous journal it is going to make

Marjie Kemper said...

Totally gorgeous! Just popped over from UPA to say how much I love these. I think I'll be pulling these colors to play with today!

Traceyr said...

Wonderful colours used on these tags and I love the way the black ink has been applied onto the tags and pockets. :)