Wednesday 8 August 2012

Stampotique Designers Challenge - Sketch Challenge #60


Welcome to the new challenge over at the Stampotique Designers Challenge Blog. This weeks sketch challenge has been set by Kim.

I decided against a card for the challenge although the sketch did lend itself to a card design, but I never feel very comfortable making cards, and I usually make tags cards or Beer Mats to send instead, so I decided to use the sketch design to make this little pad.

I have used Smile as my main image, stamping and colouring him in so he fits in well with my background. The two background stamps I have used are  Daniel's hearts and Spiraling out of control. My background for my stamping was done with distress inks and all my stamping was done using Ranger black archival ink. My "notes" word is computer generated.
I bound it all together into a little book using my Zutter.

Thank you for dropping by and if you have time to leave a comment that would be great. Do please go over to the Stampotique Designers Challenge blog to see all the inspiration from the Design Team and to see the full details for the challenge.

Stampotique Rubber Stamps are available from Stampotiqe Originals and from Happy Daze in the UK

Thank you for dropping by, Carol x

14 comments:

Gez Butterworth said...

Gorgeous pad Carol. The sketch works great. Love your choice of images, gotta love Smile he's SO cute ♥

Willy said...

Fabulous pad in great colours, Carol!

Sam & Poppy said...

Just love Smiles, great notebook Carol :o)

Maria Sabina R. said...

a diferent notebook style! good idea

Alie Hoogenboezem-de Vries said...

I'm falling more and more in love with the Stampotique stamps...your creation is so cute Carol!

greetings, Alie :-)

Unknown said...

Wow wow wow wow wow what a fabulous notebook I haven't made any for ages and ages and ages

And that reminds me - I must buy one asap cos I'm starting piano lessons at the end of the week and I must take a notebook!

Basement Stamper said...

Great use of the sketch on our notebook-fabulous colors!

theboelemas@aol.com said...

Love this little notebook. I really must start using my Bind It All - hangs head in shame - it's never been out of it's transit bag :/

Sue said...

Brilliant idea Carol, and who wouldn't fall in love with Smile x

Reflective Art Studio said...

Love this... Great way to alter.
Best
Sarinda

Astrid Stulemeijer (AssiCrafts) said...

Love this little notebook! xoxo

sam21ski said...

Fab first DT piece Carol, great inspiration.

Sam xxx

Jane Wetzel said...

great job on the sketch and I love this great idea :)

Anonymous said...

Love the intense colours and how you worked with the sketch!