Wednesday 16 January 2013

Stampotique Challenge 83 New Years Resolution


This week the challenge on the Stampotique Designers challenge is hosted by Jane, she is challenging us to use our new year resolutions (or just a general resolution if you did not make any) as inspiration this week.

This is what Jane has to say about her challenge:
"We all make New Years resolutions..and I make many! I am asking you to use your New Years resolution as your "inspiration" this week on your creation "Stampotique style". It can be any! Just keep it in mind when you create your card, altered object or journal pages. One of my resolutions is to learn as much as I can about art journaling and that includes "letting go of insecurities". I want to take pictures and record my life's events, paint when I feel the need and journal about what ever I feel. I think Stampotique stamps go hand in hand with art journaling so why not? Get going and show us your stuff! Have fun!"

I have resolved to try and be more organised this year and with this in mind I brought an idea's book, that I jot down quick ideas or sketches in. I thought I would decorate the front cover for this challenge.


I painted the background with Paper Artsy fresco paints adding texture paste through a large letter stencil, I then crackled over the top of the whole page in white. I stamped my imaged directly onto the background, masking as needed and then painted them. I then dry brushed over the background avoiding the painted images. finishing off with some Treasure gold.

I used the following stamps

Mervyn Boy
wings from Tetewea
giant shroom
mushroom group
spiraling out of control
floral flutter

You can now use any stamps for the Challenges, but only one entry per person for each challenge. Two lucky people will be drawn from all the challenges for Janaury who will win a $30 voucher to spend on Stampotique rubber. So make sure you go over to the Stampotique Designers Challenge Blog to enter.

Stampotique Rubber Stamps are available to buy from Stampotique originals, and in the UK you can buy them from Happy Daze.


Thank you for Visiting, Carol x

5 comments:

Gez Butterworth said...

Fabulous Carol. Enjoy!

Sue said...

Gorgeous Carol,and what a great idea x

sam21ski said...

Brilliant cover Carol, you'll not put that down somewhere and not be able to find it again!! Gorgeous.

Hope you fill it with ideas quickly, then you can try them all out!!

Sam xxx

Alie Hoogenboezem-de Vries said...

Lovely AJ Carol...

greetings, Alie :-)

Sam & Poppy said...

Great work Carol, love Mervyns wings :)x