Wednesday 9 July 2014

Stampotique SDC155 Magazines and Newspaper


Magda is our hostess this week and here is her challenge!

"Hello everyone! It's Magda. I'm back to work after my holidays but still have time for some relaxing. I'm sitting surrounded by books and magazines. Today I would like to ask you to use a newspaper or magazine in your project. It can be a small piece, some images from magazine to make a collage or you can use whole page as a background. Have fun! Can't wait to see your creations!"

I have image transfered a magazine page on to a page in my journal as a basis for my background, adding lots of gesso paint and stamping to complete it. Below is the scraps left from the original magazine page that if you look closely you can see peeping through the layers of gesso and paint. I like the way the transfered page looked even before I added the paint and other bits, as it was a lovely  transfer with all the bright colours muted down just a little bit. I also added the word grow, that was taken from an advert page for seeds.


I used the following stamps



The full details of the Challenge can be seen HERE.
Stampotique Rubber Stamps are available to buy from Stampotique originals .

I hope you get a chance to join in this week, Carol x

5 comments:

Jackie said...

This is beautiful...... Love it!

Kay Wallace said...

Image transfers continue to baffle me, Carol, but I love the interest it gives your background here! Stampotique has some beautiful floral stamps and you have used them beautifully here!

*Arwen* said...

I love your page! It looks beautiful <3

xx Arwen

Claudine said...

I love what you've created here with your magazine background.

Kaz said...

Gorgeous page Carol xxx