Wednesday 20 January 2016

Shades of Red and Pink


I used the following stamps

Mela
French Journal Page
Just keep on

This week Sue is hosting the Stampotique challenge.

 The theme is use shades of red and pink and create a valentines day inspired creation.

I have a tag for you this week with the lovely Mela hanging about waiting for Mr or Miss right to come along, so she is keeping on with her life in the meantime, making it all count and enjoying herself in her pretty pink dress.

My background was done using only Pyrrole red paint combining it with Decoart White tinting base to give me various shades of red and pink. I stamped French Journal in Red over the entire tag, this is a lovely large stamp and was perfect for this. I then picked up my left over paint with an old credit card and scrapped it through a couple of stencils to frame around where my image was going to stand.


I coloured and stuck my image down and then added some white doodles to the middle of the reddest spots on the background.

I stamped my quote directly onto a scrap of pink tape and added this to the tag securing it at each end with some machine stitching.


I then finished my tag with some stitching around the sides and to give the image something to stand on.

Full details of the Challenge this week, how to enter and the prize can been seen HERE.

Enjoy the challenge this week.

Happy crafting, Carol xx

4 comments:

sue :) said...

Love your tag, the thought that she is keeping on going whilst waiting for a mr or miss made me laugh a little. Love the colours. x

Corrie Herriman said...

Such a lovely little tag, Carol. Mela is still one of my favourite stamps !
Corrie x

Kay Wallace said...

Love your tag, Carol. Mela is mellow in shades of pink against the "50 shades of red" behind her. Love your signature stitching here, too! Nicely done!

Sue said...

This is gorgeous Carol, I love your doodles! xx