Monday 14 March 2016

Release your Flying Monkey's


I used the following stamps

Brick Wall
Visometry Set 3
Oz Flying Monkey Set

all the stamps can be found  HERE on the visible image website.

This is actually a background that I prepped ages ago for a class, I always have a pile of basic painty backgrounds sitting around either from trying things out or from showing techniques in classes.

This is a loose leaf page approx 19 x 27 cm.


This is done with just black paint and white tinting base from the the Deco art media range. I used a stencil and a chunky hand cut lino stamp that I did ages ago to use with paint. 
On the finished page I have now actually filled in the stamped swirl with gesso as I wanted to stamp the small image from the Visometry Set 3  on my background as I thought it would go well with my image. I just added gesso over the swirl, filled it in with colour and then stamped my image over it, easy peasy.


I thought was is a bit of a moody background so I have used the Flying Monkey from the Oz set of stamps on it as he does look a grumpy little thing and I thought he would suit the page. I coloured him using my Polychromos and Caran D'Ache pencils


I wanted him to sit on washi so I used some white tape and stamped the Brick Wall stamp on it with red paint, added this to the page and sticking down Mr Monkey so he was sitting on it.

I finished off my page by adding the small monkey's from the set buzzing around his head, and one of my favorite things at the moment, Decoart crackle paint mixed with media paint and applied through a stencil, I do love the way this looks.

Happy Crafting

Carol Xx

2 comments:

sue :) said...

Great page, although the monkey's eyes definitely send shivers up my spine. Love how you've adapted a previous background to create piece. X

Jac said...

What a fun card, love the way he is sitting on the wall x