Monday 18 October 2010

2nd DT piece for The altered Element


In this necklace the fairy had got naughty and started to collect the souls of the children that she granted the wishes for. So the fairy king trapped her in a frame, tore her spell in half and trapped it with her so it could never be used to free her. Her winding mechanism was also smashed and trapped with her too.

I again used one of the Memory Frames that I was sent this month. This time I collaged a small scene in it and filled it with Clear UTEE. you have to be careful not to overheat the clear to much or else it will start to yellow. I used various watch parts. The rose is one of those tiny paper roses that I have spritzed with Cosmic shimmer and then used rusting powder on it before dipping it it UTEE. when dry some distress stickles were applied. The chain is Tim Holtz ball chain .
The buttons were just from my own stash.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

what a wonderful piece

Zuzu's Blog said...

love it.. I love them both.. they should be sold as a pair.. i wouldnt like to split them up...they have a story

Kim Dellow said...

Just gorgeous! I love your jewellery work so pretty. Sorry it has taken me so long to get around to saying 'Hi fellow The Altered Element Teamie!' Looking forward to getting to know you some more!
Kimx

Valerie-Jael said...

Wow, this is gorgeous, and you have some lovely pieces on your blog, very much to my taste!

Unknown said...

Exquisite

Gillian .... said...

A magical and enchanting piece of Jewellery Carol, so much detail has been captured x