Wednesday 3 February 2016

It's Mardi Gras week at Stampotique


 I used the Following Stamps
Curlz
Clothes Text 

Kathi is the host for the Stampotique Challenge this week.
She has used the Mardi Gras as her theme.
This is what she has to say about her challenge.

"The colors of Mardi Gras are purple, green, or gold. Use them or the symbols of Mardi Gras -- Fleurs de Lys, masks, costumes, or music! Let the good time roll!"

I have made a tag this week, I used the colours Purple Green and gold on my Gelli plate to make my basic background and then added other elements to it with stenciling, (there are some Gessod Fleur de Lys under here somewhere) stamping and doodling. 
I also outlined the image in white pencil as it seemed to dark against the background and this seemed to make it pop off the tag a little bit.


Finishing it off with a quote and a little bit of machine stitching around the edges.


Full details of the Challenge this week, how to enter and the prize can been seen HERE.

Enjoy the challenge this week.

Happy crafting, Carol xx

3 comments:

Corrie Herriman said...

Lovely tag, Carol. Great sentiment too !
Corrie x

Craft Addicts - Tracy Evans said...

Great background and I love the touch of stitching too. Tracy x

Kay Wallace said...

Didn't miss the great interest in your background, Carol! Sweet image and well paired with that text stamp--which is, of course, perfect for the theme! Nicely done, my friend!