Wednesday 10 February 2016

Love is in the Air


I used

Daniel's hearts
Love you heart
Batty
Batty about you

This week for Stampotique the challenge theme has been chosen by the lovely Coby.
She has chosen the theme of "love is in the Air"

I have made a box draw using a die I have for the challenge this week, and gone with some stamps that are usually more associated with Halloween, Batty and his matching quote.


I did my initial background on my die cut box using my Gelli Plate directly onto my die cuts. I stamped then with Daniel's hearts using black archival ink, and then assembled my box and draw.


I layered up some die cut rosettes on the top of the box, I must admit I don't use die cuts much anymore so remembering how to make these up was a bit of a challenge and they did have a bit of a ping factor going on and I lost them under my desk once or twice.

Once I finally got them assembled I stuck them to the top of the box and wrapped some paper covered wire round the whole thing.


I stamped my Heart, Batty and his quote with black ink onto white card and coloured them as needed.I then glued them all to a hat pin and stuck it into the top of the rosette pile.

Full details of the Challenge this week, how to enter and the prize can been seen HERE.

Enjoy the challenge this week.

Happy crafting, Carol xx

4 comments:

Sam & Poppy said...

Brilliant!

Kay Wallace said...

Fab gift box, Carol, especially for your favorite Valentine! Love how you used Daniel's Hearts here!!

Corrie Herriman said...

Love your box and the fact that you have thought 'outside the box' using your halloween stamps for this. Great idea !
Corrie x

Mrs Beez said...

Absolutely love this Carol.